Most of us are somewhat familiar with electrolytes and know about things like Gatorade to replenish but what I’m going to talk about goes way beyond drinking a sports drink after heavy exercise. While I hold strong that water is the most essential nutrient for the body, I know that water is not the only supplement our bodies crave. Our bodies are basically made up of the same things that make up the earth, so beyond water we need to think about the soil and thus what’s in (or...
- You're supposed to drink six to eight glasses of water every day.
- If you've lost count, there is an easy skin test you can do to determine if you're hydrated.
- Pinch the skin on the back of your hand for a few seconds.
- If the skin immediately returns to normal, you're fine. If it doesn't, you need to drink some water.
It's easy to forget to drink enough water, but now that summer is approaching, it's especially important that we...
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.